Hablamos Español!

Banner Image



What is the Cuban Adjustment Act and How Can it Help You?

The Cuban Adjustment Act was integrated in 1966 by the United States Government. This act allows Cuban natives or citizens living in the United States who meet certain eligibility requirements to apply for a green card.

What Are The Requirements?

  1. You must properly file a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status;
  2. You are a native or citizen of Cuba;
  3. You were inspected and admitted or paroled after Jan. 1, 1959;
  4. You have been physically present in the United States for at least one year at the time you file your Form I-485;
  5. You are physically present in the United States at the time you file your Form I-485;
  6. You are admissible to the United States for lawful permanent residence or eligible for a waiver of inadmissibility or other form of relief; and
  7. You merit the favorable exercise of USCIS’ discretion.

Can you work while you are waiting for your “one-year” period?

  • Yes. If you were paroled into the United States, USCIS allows you to apply for a work permit while your case is pending. Montes & Guevara, encourages all our clients to apply for a work permit while their case is pending to ensure they can obtain employment.

Here at Montes & Guevara, we are here to assist you concerning your immigration matters. We understand that during these times it is difficult, but we are here every step of the way. To inquire about your options concerning the Cuban Adjustment Act, please feel free to call us today at 833-768-9529 (SOTXLAW).

‹ Back

Representing the people of the Greater Houston area & surrounding counties, including Brazoria County, Fort Bend County, Galveston County, Harris County and Wharton County. And southern gulf-coast counties on a case-by-case basis.